Diet for elderly
With the age, the necessity of nutrients is change. At the old age, energy requires less, so for a healthy body try to reduce calorie-rich food, fatty and sugary food from your diet, and start consuming fibre rich food. A high fibre and low-fat diet is the perfect diet for elder people especially for those who are suffering from any infection or which have poor health.
These people have to add nutrient-rich food diet which has the good amount of proteins, minerals, vitamins, fibres, calcium like dairy products, meat, eggs, fruits, green leafy vegetables, bread, nuts and fish. Our idietitianpro.com experts help you to maintain a perfect diet chart by adding your taste which you only Get it here. We also provide you some regular exercise which helps in to maintain a healthy and wealthy body.
Some natural ways for the healthy body for elder people:
- Add a carbohydrate diet like eat bread, rice, pasta, potato and cereal in each meal.
- Start consume 5 servings of fruits and vegetables in a day like apples, oranges, bananas, spinach, cabbage, sweet potato, peppers, sweet corn which help you to stay healthy.
- Protein-rich food helps in build new cells and keep your muscles healthy. Protein-rich foods are meat, fish, eggs, beans, trout and salmon.
- Start consuming three servings of low-fat dairy foods like milk, yoghurt, cheese in a day for keeping your bones healthy.
- Consume limited amount of calories rich food like biscuits, cakes, peanuts, chips, sweets. These food are also rich in fat, sugar and salt which is harmful to elder people.
- Start drinking plenty of water because of dehydration cause constipation, tiredness.
- Away from alcohol and caffeine and cigarettes, it results in various disease, so start avoiding.
- Constipation in common in elder people, so start consuming the good amount of fibre which also help in lower the risk of many prolonged heart issues cancers and obesity. Potatoes, brown rice, pasta, beans, peas, fruits and vegetables are rich in fibre, try to add some amount of fibre rich food in a day.
Add Physical Activity to your daily routine
Do some regular exercise for balancing physical activity, so at least do some workout for about 30 minutes every day. In starting to do some easy activities like walking, then start to do some exercise, yoga or aerobics, this help in to stay fit and healthy.
We will help you if have any queries related to issues, definitely, we will guide with the simple manner which gives you a healthy and happy life.